Chih-Wei Huang 黃志煒
We are recruiting graduate students for projects on next-generation networking and multimedia. Contact us!!
I am passionate on developing theories and systems for applied communication networks. My main areas of research include wireless networking, multimedia communications, and digital signal processing.
- Spectrum-efficient multicast based on opportunistic concepts
- LTE QoS packet scheduler design and implementation
- Scalable video encoding provisioning and post-processing for highly diverse replay conditions
- Practical game theoretical approaches for dynamic spectrum access
- Multipath TCP optimization for mobile devices in heterogeneous networks
and more ongoing...
- UOS - Unified Opportunistic Scheduling, aggressively utilizes diversity potentials present in cognitive radio networks for multicast transmissions.
- OLM - Opportunistic Layered Multicasting, the first complete synergy of layered video multicasting with opportunistic concept.
- CLC - Cross-Layer Congestion control, to solve performance anomaly, imperfect link adaptation, and bandwidth estimation issues as a whole.
- P. Polacek, C.-W. Huang, and J.-W. Chiang, “Unified Opportunistic Scheduling for Layered Multicast over Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing,vol. pp, no. 99, 2015. (Citable preprint)
- K. Suto, H. Nishiyama, N. Kato, and C.-W. Huang, “An Energy-Efficient and Delay-Aware Wireless Computing System for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Access, vol. 3, pp. 1026–1035, 2015.
- R.-J. Wang, C.-W. Huang, and P.-C. Chang, “Adaptive Downsampling Video Coding with Spatially Scalable Rate-Distortion Modeling,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1957 – 1968, Nov. 2014.
- C.-W. Huang, S.-M. Huang, P.-H. Wu, S.-J. Lin, and J.-N. Hwang, “OLM: Opportunistic Layered Multicasting for Scalable IPTV over Mobile WiMAX,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 453–463, Mar. 2012.
- C.-W. Huang, M. Loiacono, J. Rosca, and J.-N. Hwang, “Airtime Fair Distributed Cross-Layer Congestion Control for Real-Time Video Over WLAN,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 1158–1168, Aug. 2009.
- C.-W. Hunag, S. Sukittanon, J.A. Ritcey, A. Chindapol, and J.-N. Hwang, “An Embedded Packet Train and Adaptive FEC Scheme for VoIP Over Wired/Wireless IP Networks,” IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speed and Signal Processing Proceedings (ICASSP), p. V-429-V-432, 2006.
- W. Hsu, S.-F. Chang, C.-W. Hunag, L. Kennedy, C.-Y. Lin, and G. Iyengar, "Discovery and Fusion of Salient Multi-modal Features towards News Story Segmentation," IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Jan. 2004.
- Multimedia communications (多媒體通訊)
- Communication network analysis (網路技術分析)
- Introduction to digital system design (數位系統導論)
- Linear algebra (線性代數)
- Digital life (數位人生)
- Creativity and entrepreneruship (創意與創業)
I have been with the Department of Communication Engineering at National Central University since 2010 and currently an associate professor. I completed my Ph.D. at University of Washington, Seattle, in 2009 on cross-layer resource management for multimedia over wireless networks. From 2006 to 2009, I was intern researcher in Siemens Corporate Research and Microsoft Research. I received an M.S. degree from Columbia University and a B.S. from National Taiwan University all in Electrical Engineering.